Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lysacek for Gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHjvG-nEEfo


In my opinion, Lysacek deserves the gold medal. Even if you don't believe he deserves it for performance, I think it's evident that his attitude deserves the gold. I'm not one to talk crap about anyone, but this interview with Plunshenko really rubbed me the wrong way. A large majority of the people on our planet watch the Olympics, and he had the nerve to stand before everyone and say that he deserved the gold. He even stood on the gold medal pedestal! I'm not here to judge men's figure skating. I couldn't tell you the first thing about it. However, I am judging the character of Plushenko. Maybe he did deserve the gold. As I've mentioned, I can't judge the skating, but the proper thing to do (especially when on international television) would be to appreciate the medal you did receive. Overall, I believe Plushenko was a poor sport. There is nothing shameful about a silver medal in the Olympics. Be proud! Be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment